1. The James Bond films began in 1962 with Dr. No Daniel Craig is the first Bond to be born after the series began.
2. James Bond’s first ever appearance was in 1953 in Ian Fleming’s novel Casino Royale.
3. Fleming took the name James Bond from the author of a definitive book on ornithology called Birds Of The West Indies.
4. Fleming said that he wanted Bond to be a “dull, uninteresting man to whom things happened,” and James Bond was “the dullest name I ever heard”.
5. In the books, James Bond referred to tea as “mud” and blamed it for the downfall of the British Empire.
6. At 5ft 10in tall, Daniel Craig is the shortest James Bond in the official film series.
7. It has been calculated that on average in the films, James Bond has a drink every 10min 53sec.
8. On average, James Bond kills 16 people in every film. His lowest kill score was in The Man With The Golden Gun when he only killed one person.
9. Pierce Brosnan has been by far the deadliest Bond with an average of 33.8 kills per film.
10. The Bond family coat of arms has the motto Orbis Non Sufficit (The World Is Not Enough).