Call of Duty WW2 players will today be able to download patch 1.10 for the hit PS4, Xbox One and PC game – and the rollout for the big update has already began.
Sledgehammer Games had previously said that Call of Duty WW2 would be getting its next big update this week.
And today’s the developer’s official Twitter account revealed that the latest Call of Duty WW2 update had begun rolling out.
Sledgehammer Games added that patch notes detailing exactly what’s in the Call of Duty update would be released soon.
They tweeted: “STATUS UPDATE: We’ve begun to roll out an update across all platforms. We’re still testing and validating a lot of the changes, so stay tuned for patch notes coming out later tonight. Thanks, everyone!”
The Call of Duty WW2 patch brings with it two new revolvers, according to CharlieIntel.
It remains to be seen what else will be included in the new patch, but Sledgehammer Games had previously discussed COD features they were working on.
Here are some of the things the Call of Duty WW2 developer have been working on:
• War Mode XP – Sledgehammer Games said they’re aware of feedback pointing out a difference in match XP awarding rates and are investigating it.
• Ranked Play – Call of Duty WW2 fans could soon be getting four player party support.
• Flak Gun Event – The amount of armoury credits awarded is now based on participation and success of shooting down crates.
• Custom Community Playlist – Sledgehammer promised: “We’ll come up with a good, long list of map-mode combinations based on existing offerings, and we’re going to let you chime in on your favourites.”
• Prestige Token “Last-Chance” Prompt – Sledgehammer Games is working to add a message that makes you confirm whether you want to use these tokens.
As fans wait to find out what’s in Call of Duty WW2 patch 1.10, they’ve taken to Twitter to list their wish list for the big update.
One fan tweeted: “Get rid of the sniping quick scope”.
While another posted: “FG nerf!?”
One added: “Please dont remove prop hunt!”
And one COD fan wrote: “BRING PAINTJOBS”.
The news comes after it appeared to be confirmed that Treyarch will be developing Call of Duty 2018.
Following the Activision earnings report last week, Treyarch tweeted: “Looking forward to the year ahead. . . we can’t wait to share more.”
It would make sense that Treyarch are back in the driving seat, especially since their last game launched in 2015.
Activision uses a three-year development cycle for their COD games, with the Raven Software team supplying help with a lot of ongoing projects.
It had previously been claimed that COD WW2 would be replaced by Black Ops 4, which will apparently be set in present day.
It’s rumoured that Call of Duty 2018 will get released on PS4, Xbox One, PCs and Nintendo Switch.
The Switch version will allegedly not only support DLCs, but also boast HD Rumble features and motion controls.
More to follow…