1. Writings about dragons in English date back to at least the 13th century.
2. According to the clergyman Edward Topsell, writing in 1608, some dragons have wings and some have both feet and wings.
3. Although St George lived around the third century, the story of his slaying a dragon dates back only to the 12th century…
4. …though an older source refers to a monarch called “dragon of the abyss” persecuting him.
5. According to Tolkien, the name of his dragon Smaug comes from a Germanic word meaning: “to squeeze through a hole”.
6. The Komodo dragon is a monitor lizard up to 10 feet long with toxic bacteria in its bite.
7. According to legend, Dragon Hill in Uffington is where St George fought the dragon.
9. The Red Dragon of Wales is thought to date back to early fifth-century kings of Aberffraw.
10. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo won one Oscar; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon won four.